Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What does Christmas mean?




What does Christmas mean?  Presents?  Family?   Click HERE and listen while reading

I'll never forget Christmas growing up.  I know everyone says that.......but times are different now.




I remember growing up and getting so excited for Christmas.  I would have my list of what I wanted ready before Thanksgiving.  Christmas morning was the best day.  As I opened my presents I'd hear;

"I hope you appreciate what you have, there are some children who have nothing."

I didn't get it.

As I entered into high school my list, let's just say it didn't get bigger unless you are talking about the price tag.  Although I didn't tear into the presents like I did as a child it still was the best day.  Again, I would hear;

 "I hope you appreciate what you have, there are some children who have nothing."

I didn't get it.

I entered into young adulthood.  I have to admit that Christmas was still a great day. Some things had changed...I enjoyed giving "almost" as much as receiving. While opening my presents I'd hear;

 "I hope you appreciate what you have, there are some who have nothing."

still didn't get it.

Now that I am grown I still have my Christmas list:
  • I want ALL types of abuse to stop; both human and animal.
  • I want ALL types of neglect to stop; both human and animal.
  • I want ALL types of homelessness to stop; both human and animal.
  • I want ALL types of suffering to stop; both human and animal.
  • I want ALL types of hate to stop; both human and animal.
  • I want ALL types of hunger to stop; both human and animal.
This is the same Christmas list I have had since I finally “got it” but this Christmas list seems to be the one I didn’t get.

I would give back every toy I have ever received, I would give back every sweater I have ever received, and I would give back every Christmas present I have ever unwrapped if I could just GET IT this year.

It is amazing how our needs change as we grow. 

I finally GET IT! 

What does Christmas mean to you?





Like Zeisler & Associates, Attorney at Law, PC on Facebook or visit their website.

Pueblo Office: 113 W. 12th Street  (Map it)
Colorado Springs Office:  422 E. Vermijo Ave., Suite 412 (Map it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?