Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Good In Attorneys

WOW!  Want to hear a quick, funny joke....many can be found about Attorneys.


What is 1000 Attorneys at the the bottom of the ocean?  
A good start.

We can all get a good chuckle at these jokes but for those of us who have ever NEEDED an Attorney and found a good one they are just that.....a joke.  I can laugh at most jokes that don't hurt a person.  I share jokes about Attorneys, Insurance Agents, Football teams...they are fun.

I want to look at a different side of Attorneys:  The Good Side.

As with ANY profession you will find the bad with the good.  As with ANY Attorneys you will find the bad with the good.

I have found you can determine a good Attorney by asking a few questions:
  1. What do you do for a living?      I help people.
  2. Why did you choose to be an Attorney?    To help people.
  3. If you could do anything else what would it be?    I wouldn't because I love to help to help people and found this is the best way I can.
It's simple:  Those who become Attorneys for the "status" for the "pay" for the "Esq." behind their name....well, I don't want to say they are not all bad Attorneys, as they may be excellent Attorneys, BUT what drives them is what concerns me.  

I want an Attorney that WANTS to be my Attorney.  
I want an Attorney that sees the injustice of what happened and WANTS to make it right.
I want an Attorney that WANTS to get to know me...not just my case.

I am fortunate, in my line of work, I have met many Attorneys....some Excellent and some...not so much.  The excellent ones I have met all have the same "thread" that hold them to their career.  That thread is integrity, honesty and knowing their clients. It is the personal challenge they give themselves that make them stand out....the challenge is not for the "win" but for the client and when the challenge is for the client, more often than not, they are going to win. 

I have written a blog before about finding a good Attorney and if you missed it you can read it HERE.

If you are needing an Attorney please ask these questions.  Please do your homework.  


Like Zeisler & Associates, Attorney at Law, PC on Facebook or visit their website.


Pueblo Office: 113 W. 12th Street  (Map it)
Colorado Springs Office:  422 E. Vermijo Ave., Suite 412 (Map it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?