Saturday, December 22, 2012

Herniated disc injuries

You are in a car accident.  Everything seems okay, no serious injuries.  You exchange information and file a police report.  You obtain temporary transportation and schedule for you car to get fixed.  
You wake up the next morning and you are stiff and sore.  Okay, you were in a car accident, it's to be expected.  Two weeks later....you can barely move.  What the heck?

You go to the Doctor and x-rays are taken.  You are now experiencing "tingling" or "numbness" in your fingers or hands.  

This is my story:

Pictured borrowed and owned by:  Laser Spine Institute
I thought I was fine until the pain happened two weeks later.  I couldn't adjust to the tingling in my fingers one day and the numbness the next.  After MONTHS of treatment I was sent for a MRI only to discover that I had an extruded herniated disc at C5/C6 and C6/C7.  It was explained to me in very technical terms which of course went over my head.  What I did learn and what I finally understood was this:  The "gel" that cushions the discs in my neck was extruding out and pushing on the nerves which caused my neck and arm pain plus the tingling or numbness sensation.  I went through months of pain and discomfort for something that could have been discovered much earlier had I know what I should have done.

I should have:
  • Hired an Attorney IMMEDIATELY even though I was not "hurt" at first.
Pictured borrowed and owned by:  Laser Spine Institute 
Here's the thing:  Did you know that Personal Injury Attorneys KNOW what tests should be done?  

Remember that your Personal Injury Attorney wants you better!!!  

I waited too long because I was not hurt.  I waited too long after the discovery I was hurt because I was trying to get better.

If there is one thing each and every person should know it is this:

IF YOU ARE EVER IN A CAR ACCIDENT CONTACT A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY!!

Personal Injury Attorneys are very familiar with common injuries from car accidents.  They work closely with your Doctor.  

I lost a lot of precious time not hiring an Attorney immediately.  I spent a lot of time being treated for the wrong thing.  Don't let this happen to you.

If you are in Colorado and are involved in a car accident I highly recommend Carol Zeisler!   


Like Zeisler & Associates, Attorney at Law, PC on Facebook or visit their website.

Pueblo Office: 113 W. 12th Street  (Map it)

Colorado Springs Office:  422 E. Vermijo Ave., Suite 412 (Map it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?